Subject: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Sep 18 17:32:43 2004

>All sushi fish is flash frozen anyway, for purposes we need not go into at
>this moment. I eat sushi all the time at the best sushi bar in Colorado, and
>you can't tell me that fish isn't fresh. It's de-vine!

I have had *fresh* fish twice:

* In Portland, ME  there's a restauraunt that gets its fish right off
the docks the same morning. They can make a pepper tuna steak EXTRA
RARE that is just to die for. They put it on the grill for about 1
second each side. I forgot its name....

* In Japan of course if you pay enough, you can get the best. My
friend's dad once took me to one of those places. The fish was killed
right before getting sliced and diced. Instead of shoyu (soy sauce),
you put lemon juice on it.  The little bit of fish on your sushi
would curl in reaction. Yum.... fresh. :-)

I'm planning on going to the Tokyo Fish Market (Tsukiji) sometime
this week or next week early in the morning to catch the auctioning
experience and then to eat some *fresh* sushi afterwards. Anyone
interested?

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura