Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon F6
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Sep 19 10:55:47 2004

Unless, as you say, they may pull a surprise at Photokina, it seems that
the original description of the F6 was far, far too good to be true.
That rumor described the camera as a sort of 35 mm formate hasselblad -
a box with a shutter and lens mount, and a series of backs, including
digital, finders, and lenses. That would be fantastically sweet. But
alas.

It is hard to understand why they'd be introducing a new film body now.
On the other hand, it really doesn't sound all that different from the
F5, and it may have started in development back when it still seemed
that film had a chance....