Subject: [Leica] old guys anonymous (was Re: Top Twelve Gallery)
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Sep 19 11:14:34 2004

Karen:

>If any of the middle-aged male LUGgers went to a public park and
>started taking photos of 3-7 year olds, it'd take about 5 minutes
>before the police arrived to haul you away.  Don't you see the
>analogy?

I've heard this.  I've never experienced this or seen it.  Could be the part
of the country I live in.  (Midwest and upper midwest states.)  Probably
having my own kid at a playground makes me safer now.

For a college photo class, I drove around looking for inspiration.  Finally
saw a young mother and her kid at a playground outside of married student
housing.  Stopped, chatted with the mother, and then took pics of both of
them.  Granted, I wasn't middle aged then.

I've shot pictures at my "Little Brother's" (as in Big Brothers/Big Sisters)
sporting events.  I was a stranger to most of the parents, but I still never
got any grief.  (This was while I was still in St. Paul.)  Sad to say, I
attended more games than some of the parents.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] old guys anonymous (was Re: Top Twelve Gallery))