Subject: [Leica] selling used camera gear from Canada to USA
From: leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney)
Date: Tue Sep 21 07:21:03 2004

Actually, that's not true. (With all due respect!)

I send packages to Europe via USPS--Global Express Mail--all the time.
Expensive pacakges (you know what I mean!) And they are trackable. What
happens is that USPS Express Mail hands them over to a company in Europe
called General Parcel, sort of a UPS-type outfit. They assign a new tracking
number and USPS can give me that number on this end once the transfer is
made. I can also track on the USPS Web site.

I have several customers in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Norway,
UK, Italy ... You get the idea, those European lands, and also Japan, and I
send all their goodies this way. It's less expensive and I have not had one
single problem. And it takes only a few days. But it's gotta be Express, and
it's gotta be insured. One can send a new M7 to Germany, insured, for about
$60 (compare UPS or Fedex at about $120 or so).

Kit