Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Tue Sep 21 11:35:41 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 11:20, Greg Locke wrote:
> May I remind you of the NC2000 and the Kodak DCS 520?
> 1.75 megapixel pieces of crazy glued JUNK selling for over $20,000.
> You can pick them up on ebay now for $500.00 (and its still over priced!)
> I rememeber them because I have to use that crap ....when it worked.
> Congratulations to Canon. A blessing to those of us who work at the "short"
> end of the lens spectrum.
> Now its Nikon's turn ....and the earth rotates as it should.

I'm not saying that it isn't a spectacular camera. As I said, I used
the original 1ds and really liked it. It's just that the darn thing costs
a bloody fortune and even more when you add in lenses etc.

If I had the cash and made living as a shooter I would seriously consider
one,
but unless I switch careers it doesn't make financial sense for me. ;-)

It would be nice if Canon had some serious competition at this level. Right
now they are the only company out there with a fully usable full frame camera
and they are charging people accordingly. I would love to see Nikon come out
with a full frame camera, call it the D3. Competition would help drive the
prices down. Heck I would jump at a 10 or 11MP full frame camera at the
right price.

Feli