Subject: [Leica] Black and White C41 Film
From: nicholsj at edge.net (JAMES NICHOLS)
Date: Tue Sep 21 21:48:13 2004

Comparing results with C41 B&W to the results I got with Plus-X, Super XX,
and Tri-X in the 1950s and 60s when I had my own darkroom, I have been
somewhat disappointed.  Though, without a darkroom, it appears to be the
most convenient way to shoot B&W.  However, after pulling the image below
from a cluttered negative taken amid the confusion of a wedding rehearsal
supper, I find that, if I do my job, the film will take care of itself.  The
image shows the bride-to-be, my granddaughter, in a reflective mood after a
busy day, with an even busier day ahead.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Musings/Bride_to_Be

Leica IIIf RD, Summitar 5cm f/2.0
Exposure 1/50 at f/2.8
Kodak BW400-2