Subject: [Leica] Black and White C41 Film
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed Sep 22 18:39:36 2004

Max,

Thanks for the references.  I examined them and will try to locate a local
source so that I can give BW400CN a try.  It sounds interesting.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/9/543&pq-locale=en_
US
> Kodak Pro films:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/blackWhiteIndex.jhtml?i
d=0.1.18.14.21&lc=en

> BW400CN (and Ilford XP2, for that matter)  are very different critters
than
> silver films.  The C-41 films, in my experience, yield less contrast and
> edge sharpness, and more shadow detail when handled well.  They have a
> smooth transition from light to dark that I like for portraits, and often
> less grain in low-light (IMHO).   My work is not the best example of the
> abilities though.  Take a look at Graham's:
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/l10.html  (the T400CN he uses is the
> previous version of BW400CN, he must have a big freezer).
>
> Max

Do