Subject: [Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll
From: surrealistic at cox.net (Curtis Fant)
Date: Wed Sep 22 19:42:17 2004

I use a Leica IIIc.  It's the fourth or fifth LTM Leitz camera that I have
owned.  My first was a IIIc with a bad shutter curtain.  My repairman at the
time said that once he got the camera apart and put a light behind it, it
looked like Van Gogh's Starry night.  After that one I had a nice IIIf that
the same repairman sold me.  I owned a couple of IIIa cameras after that
while still using the IIIf.  When I went to Korea, at that time I decided
that owning a rangefinder was a crazy idea that was never as exact with the
framing as a 100% viewfinder like on a Nikon F series.  Even though the
frames are nearly or totally right, the components inside the frame are
never exactly the same in relation to each other unless you check that by
guessing where the film lens is.

When I was in Korea I bought another LTM that had to be sent back for
replacement shutter curtains.  So far I can't quit using the damn things!

Curtis Fant

Message from jcyleung8 at shaw.ca (Joe Leung) ([Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll)
Message from langjahr at earthlink.net (Robert Langjahr) ([Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll)