Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Fri Sep 24 10:30:52 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 10:20, Jonathan Borden wrote:

> I suspect that most differences between shall we say the Leica 100 Apo
> Macro and the Canon Eos 100 Macro when imaged with a 6 mp sensor could
> be 'fixed' with judicous Photoshop USM, curves and levels etc. For Web
> JPEG images I would be rather surprised if this were not the case.

Not really. A sharpening filter merely enhances edge contrast. It won't
add detail that wasn't there and it won't fix softness in the field or
corners.

FEli

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)