Subject: [Leica] carcassone at night...
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Sat Sep 25 12:03:17 2004

To expand slightly on Ted's suggested technique,
the opportune time is when the skylight is about
equal to the artificial illumination in the scene
(depending on certain conditions, about 15-20
minutes after sunset).

While at Brooks Institute we had to photograph a
"Night Gas Station" showing detail in the
building, the outline of the hills behind it, and
artificial lights in the station at near normal
intensity while maintaining a night atmosphere.

Of course the assignment came before the lecture
and instruction on how to execute the photo. It
was after labored darkroom work that we learned
that timing was the key to well balanced lighting
in the scene.

Joe