Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 10:39:52 2004

A while back, maybe 15 years?, Leica did a promotion where if you bought
the 800mm Telyt, they gave you a free Volkswagen carrying case.  Wonder
how many takers they got?  Ted, did you get one?

gene

Ken Firestone <kenf01@gmail.com>
Sent by: lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leica-users.org
09/27/2004 10:55 AM
Please respond to
Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>

Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:36:53 -0600, Kit McChesney
<leicagalpal@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Karen--
>
> Okay, humor well-taken. And per my note to you off-list, I think this
thread
> veered off into a direction that wasn't what I'd originally proposed. My
> original thought was that Leica could take in used cameras from
customers,
> perhaps a trade-in situation, and then refurbish those for resale at
> reasonable prices to photo students. I think the 'donation' part of it
had
> more to do with giving up profits, rather than outright giveaways of
brand
> new cameras! I think some on the list think I meant that Leica should be
> tossing new M7s to college students totally gratis! Not so!

Leica did do something similar to this in the long ago past. When I
was at the University of Maryland in the early '60's Leica gave the
Journalism Dept. an M2 and an M3 DS along with some lenses for student
use. The M3 made me realize the value of using a double stroke
advance.