Subject: [Leica] Re: What SHOULD the week at Photokina bring? Open back M loading
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 15:42:41 2004

It is also a lot easier to load than a F-3, which you have to fight to
keep the leader in the loose slot in the take-up spool.

Gene

I'm with Steve.  Not that loading an M6 is easier than one of the
automatic
SLRs, but I find loading my M6 easier than my ancient Minolta X700 where
you
had to feed the film into just the right place, and then do some other
tricks that I've thankfully repressed from my memory.

As far as manual loading systems go, the recent M series have pretty good
ones.

Nothing beats pulling out a leader, putting it into approximate position,
and then closing the back and letting the camera do all the work.  I've
yet
to have a misload on my do-everything Canon SLR.  But that's not a fair
comparison to a manual loader.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/