Subject: [Leica] Distagon 15/2.8
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Sep 28 12:46:03 2004

Good point, Sonny. I find this whole thing just plain weird. A whole new
film system camera - rangefinder - now? I don't think so. In fact, if I
was a betting man, I'd say that this film rangefinder will always be
vaporware, keeping the Zeiss name alive, stirring up interest, while
they work on the digital version of this system. Why they're announcing
it this way, I could only begin to guess-  and the guess would be that
it has something to do with pressuring Leica. Pressuring them how or why
I don't know. But...

Oh...and remember that the last time there was a fancy super wide in
leica mount it was a Zeiss, right, and it cost somewhere between 7 and