Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Oct 2 16:07:50 2004

I'm sorry, Didier, but the shutter noise myth is just that - a myth. My
Olympus E-1 sounds no louder than my M - honest. It's a different sound,
but not a louder sound. The M is NOT silent. Quiet, yes, but this whole
"quiet" and "silent" thing is in comparison to the loud, whiney motor
driven SLRs.....The diffence in sound between a Leica M and the mental
Bessa/Cosina/Zeiss shutter isn't going to cost anyone any shots...

But again I stress that I have not seen this camera, and it may turn out
to be a total piece of crap - in which case this discussion is