Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Oct 3 06:46:32 2004

That, "Daniel my brother," you will not suck me into...:-)...All I know
is that I would have been content to shoot for the rest of my life with
the three lenses I had with my G-1 - but the damn thing had really lousy
auto focus and really lousy alleged manual focusing - so I traded it in
on an M and returned to the fold. But had those been M mount lenses with
real manual focus, I would have brought them with me and never thought
about any other lenses at the same focal length. I don't know who's
really making what these days, but frankly, I don't care if Opus my
4-year-old Bratweiller (better known as a dachshund) and Dr. Blacktape,
the standard poodle deep in her dotage, are down in the basement
cranking out lenses with red dots on them - if the build and optical
quality are there, that's really all that matters. If Zeiss, or Leica,
have found companies that can produce lenses to their optical and
engineering standards, build away, I say!