Subject: [Leica] flash photography techniques
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon Oct 4 13:14:28 2004

Howard Sanner writes in part:

> I know, having tried it, that bouncing the flash off the ceiling
> (fortunately white) will produce less bad pictures than direct
> flash with its shadowy "halo" around objects. What I'm mostly
> worried about is the light in the background falling off.

You might try pointing the flash head at the ceiling and fastening a
white index card in place on the back (posterior) of the flash unit with
a rubber band, protruding slightly above the flash lens; this might give
you the bounce light you want plus a 'kicker' straight ahead to lighten
up the background.....depending on how far away the background is.

--Bob