Subject: [Leica] Range finder cameras - what's left to improve?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Oct 4 18:57:34 2004

On 10/4/04 6:15 PM, "Adam Bridge" <abridge@gmail.com> typed:

> So we're talking about range finder cameras: the new (Zeiss) the old
> (M3, Nikon S) and there's an assertion that with competition Leica
> would have improved the M.
>
> I think that's probably right -- but what, exactly, needs to be fixed
> at this point? (Besides the price which is on the other side of
> outrageous.)
>
> Metering?
> Range-finder?
> Shutter?
> Flash?
> Weight?
> Materials?
>
> I'm truly serious here. If you're given a clean sheet of paper what
> features/improvements on current range-finder cameras are available?
>
> Issues like autofocus seem unrealistic. So what needs to be fixed?
> Improved?
>
> Adam

I myself am real pleased how Leica has progressed in the 11 years I've been
involved with it. And not so bummed out on how it did before.
Even the M5 and CL.
I'd actually kill for either.
The TTL I'd not part with.

I love the Configurator thing. It's more fun than sliced bread.
You should see the funny cameras I've made I printed them.
Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be printing my cameras.
Where's Marshall Mcluhan when we need him?
All those options like ordering an apple laptop.

I'm due for a Configuration any minute!

Start from scratch and make it a Conflagration!

Or get all involved and make it a CONSPIRATOR!

Or have it made in Portugal and have it be a Conquistador!
    OK Spain.

I do agree that competition might not have helped it all that much as I do
can't figure out what they'd do to improve the products they have out there
right now.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon