Subject: [Leica] Photokina _ The lens on Tom's RD1
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Oct 4 19:04:38 2004

What shutter?  you don't need no stinking shutter in a digital camera.
There is need for a sensor cover.  A motor to uncover a sensor that only
needs to be covered when you change lenses?  Sounds like overkill.

I missed the original posting in this..... can someone point me to the
proper archive for the Zeiss M camera?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

It is not fake. The shutter has to be cocked. There is no motor to do
it in the base camera.

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Photokina _ The lens on Tom's RD1)
Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Photokina _ The lens on Tom's RD1)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Photokina _ The lens on Tom's RD1)