Subject: [Leica] Range finder cameras - what's left to improve?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Oct 4 19:52:12 2004

If the M 7 with the updated reduced flare rangefinder is the starting
point, the only things I could think of would be a higher top shutter
speed, higher flash sync speed, and a spot meter would be nice. But the
reality is that the M7 is pretty damn close to having everything. For
that matter, so does the M6 ttl. AE is nice, but at this point in the
demise of film, I can't see putting money in a new film camera just to
get AE. Were digital not taking over, and were we still solidly anchored
in a film world, then the M7 would be a very serious temptation.