Subject: [Leica] Re: Photokina _ The lens on Tom's RD1
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Oct 5 19:45:22 2004

>Interesting - so then why does my middling P&S digital make a
>shutter click noise when I take a picture?
>
>Just to cut those off in mid-semi flame, the audio mode is OFF (I
>hate simulated camera noise on P&S cameras - how ridiculously
>cheesy. Can you imagine if hybrid cars equipped with fake 'vroom
>vroom' engine sounds!)

In Japan, I've heard it's there by law. There were too many people
using the silent mode on digital cameras to take upskirt photographs
on the train system. So all cameras have to make a noise when they
take a photo.

So I think the pervs have gone back to using Leicas and Hexars. :-)

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura