Subject: [Leica] C-41 B&W
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Oct 5 21:43:15 2004

Bob,

If I understand it correctly, the B&W mode in those cameras that have
it, like the Digilux 2, your Olympus, or the new Canon 20D, only works
in JPG mode, in other words the original color image is simply
desaturated in-camera using whatever algorithm the camera maker
programmed into it. Given this, I suspect that you can get better
results by shooting RAW and converting in Photoshop.

Nathan