Subject: [Leica] OT: I need a cheap FILM camera
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 5 21:50:23 2004

Canon Pellix, TL-QL, FT-QL, FTb-QL, F-1 (too damn fine a beast for a  kid,
though), Minolta SRT-101 and 102 (I think)--any one of which, except for
the
F-1, should be under $100 with 50mm lens. Nikkormat would be a good  choice,
too.

If the meter's shot, so much the better. The kid will have to work  with a
handheld meter and see the complete f-stop/shutter speed/film speed
relationship with every exposure reading.

Chris "slogging through the primordial ooze of filmdom" Lawson

In a message dated 10/5/2004 10:12:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
nathan.wajsman@planet.nl writes:

>>I figure this will warm the hearts of the film dinosaurs on the  list :-)
But it is a legitimate request. A friend of mine needs a manual  focus,
manual everything SLR camera with standard lens for her teenage son's
photography class, and has asked my help in choosing one. I guess the
default recommendation is a Pentax K1000 or possibly ME Super; but what
are similar offerings from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta? It has to be
2nd hand, since all their new cameras are autofocus which is out for
this purpose.<<