Subject: [Leica] 75mm 1.4 JUST DO IT!
From: mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan)
Date: Wed Oct 6 09:48:33 2004

Buzz, I won't be logging off to take pictures as it's way after
midnight here in Australia and I'm trying to finish burning DVD's,
which seem to be taking forever, and I have a very busy day at work
tomorrow. While I do so and am stuck at the computer, I think I can do
what I want with my time, which might include looking at pictures on
the net and asking questions about a Leica lens on a Leica forum.

Anyway, I disagree with you. I'm not asking what gear I should buy,
save or get, I make my own decisions. I'm interested to see how other
people have used a lens that I haven't really ever used, (my
prerogative) and would like to see what others have done with it. I
like looking at other shooters pictures and seeing how different lens
have been used for different situations. I'd sell the lens straight
away if I could realise the right  amount of money for it, but as I've
recently moved to Australia, I've found that I've just made it harder
to sell, so I'm thinking it's easier to keep it if I decide I'm
actually going to use it.
  >>looking at other people's pictures implies nothing about your own
photographic style and interests<<
I don't know what you're talking about here, but its quite patronising.
  I don't need to look at other peoples shots to find out what I'm
about, but as I said, I like to look at what others do and I've been
not only impressed today at some of the Luggers sites, but also
inspired, which is what I thought it was all about. Really enjoyed the
sites of Paul Hardy Carter & GeeBee(?) the Northamptonshire stuff. I'm
way out of practice and want to give the M6 a go again.

Matt.