Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni)
Date: Thu Oct 7 12:17:30 2004

This past trip (out of RDU on Saturday, out of New Orlean on Wednesday)
the TSA people tried, for the first time in several years of using it,
to determine that the side bag that's snapped on to my briefcase and is
essentially integral to the case, was a separate case in and of itself.
  I managed to prevail that was not the case but there does seem to be
some sort of directive about being hard@sses about the 'two carry-on'
rule.

Bigger problem was when the idiot in the next row up was hellbent on
jamming his briefcase in the same part of the overhead as mine...I
carry a camera in that side bag of mine (this case, a Konica RF with a
40mm 'cron)...he was banging the thing up and down.  I told him there
was a camera in there but he persisted.  I got up, physically pushed
him out of the way and moved my case one FOOT to the right to where
there was nothing in the next overhead...I longed for a clue-by-four to
reason with that dope...

CZ
NC