Subject: [Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Oct 8 07:33:06 2004

I see no cons - I think it's one of the great bargain lenses out there -
even Erwin Puts said that it was perhaps a tad better than the 50
Summilux - before the new one came out. And that makes sense, as it's a
modern, aspherical lens.

There are some people who believe that it's bokeh is harsh. I don't have
that problem, and since I primarily want it for shooting in very low
light at 1.4, I'm far more interested in the subject than the bokeh.

Also, keep in mind there are people who like the bokeh produced by the
Noctilux, which I find repulsive - so this is very much a matter of
taste.

But the bottom line, I believe, is that it's a well built, sharp,
contrasty 50 1.5 for under $500 new - and that's tough to beat. ;-)

Best

B. D.