Subject: [Leica] Question about angle of view of half-frame cameras
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Oct 9 14:26:46 2004

Didier,

According to my quick math, comparing the diagonal of the two formats, the
30mm lens would give the same included angle of a 45mm lens on the full
frame image.  A 35mm lens would approximate a normal 50mm on a full frame
image.

As a matter of  fact, I have an old Mercury single frame camera with a
rotary shutter, and it has a 35mm lens.

Jim Nichols