Subject: [Leica] IIIf needs cleaning
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Oct 9 15:20:15 2004

John W. Heintz writes in part:

> The lens thread and mount have an accretion of white powder or
> crystals. The shutter is not working properly. Can anyone
> recommend a technician in Calgary, or Canada, who would be prepared to
> clean
> the camera and lens, and put the shutter in good working order?

Hi John,

I'm also in Calgary and know of some local repair places but I cannot
recommend anyone higher than Gerry Smith at Kindermann Canada in Toronto.
The best of the local repair people take months and months to complete CLA's
and minor repairs. Gerry is the best (and fast) and Kindermann is the only
LTM repair depot approved by Leica other than themselve's worlwide.

I would call Gerry and review things with him before shipping the camera
insured. Gerry is out of two for a couple of weeks so you may want to wait
to call him. You can reach him during EST business hours at (905) 940-9262.
Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.kindermann.ca/Contacts/default.html

Regards,

Greg