Subject: [Leica] The Buzz on the 75mm Summilux
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sat Oct 9 18:15:00 2004

Thanks, Steve; however I do want casual readers to recall that I also
discussed this lens' drawbacks.  Briefly; it's enormous size, weight and
cost, the exotic focal length, and it's two dimensional depth-of-field
shooting at f/1.4.  I must emphasize that I do not give this lens a
whole-hearted recommendation; in spite of the utterly beautiful images
it is capable of producing, it is highly idiosyncratic and not many
photographers are likely to find gratification in its use.  Those who
are so taken by its photographic characteristics that they are willing
to overlook its clear problems will make it one of their favorite and
most used lenses.  Nonetheless, I do not imagine that many people will
thus appreciate the 75mm Summilux.

        Buzz