Subject: [Leica] OT - Photo Mechanic program
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Sun Oct 10 11:48:58 2004

The newest version of Photo mechanic is very good I thought and if I wasn't
using a custom program (which is faster and does a searchable ITPC database
archive as well) this would be the program I would use for sorting,
captioning and uploading pix to clients.

I also use Nikon View for some work.

There is a bunch of these out there now with various features and I find
that a lot depends on how you developed your own "workflow" process.  If you
find Photo Mecahnic is useful and you are not "fighting" it then stick with
it.

You might also want to check out Foto Station. ...which is a little more
robust and has an IPTC search function.
http://www.fotostation.com/

Eary bugs lept me from using this as my main image database program but it
seems to have sorted stuff out.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com