Subject: [Leica] Re: Coming back to film - film or digital ?
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sun Oct 10 19:22:44 2004

2004 is the first time in 4 years that I will
shoot more film frames than digital.   The good news
is that the (low) quality of my photography proves
remarkably resilient to any medium changes.
I have convinced myself beyond any possible doubt
that it just does not matter.  :-)

So Be Drunk  ! Enivrez-vous !  Live up the passion

One must always shoot. That is the only thing that
matters.  So as not to feel the hideous weight of Time
breaking your shoulders and bowing you to the earth,
you must shoot without rest.

But with what? With Tri-X, slides, or digital as you please.
Just shoot.

And if sometimes, when you wake up on the steps of
the palace,  or on the green grass of a ditch, or in the gloomy
solitude of your room, your  Lagavullin stupor already
ebbing or gone,  ask the wind, the wave, the star; the bird, the clock;
ask everything that flies, everything that moans or moves,
everything that sings, everything that speaks,
ask what time it is; and the wind, wave, star,
bird, clock will tell you, ?It?s time to shoot! So as not to be the
martyred slaves of time, shoot, shoot without ceasing!
WIth Tri-X, slides or digital, as you choose."

Just shoot.

:-)

- Phong
with profuse apologies to Baudelaire and his multitudes of fans
(I did spend 2 hours today in an cemetery shooting, in fact
sometimes with my face in the grass in a ditch.  With color slides).

Replies: Reply from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Re: Coming back to film - film or digital ?)
Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Re: Coming back to film - film or digital ?)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Re: Coming back to film - film or digital ?)