Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 28, Issue 159
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Oct 12 04:23:27 2004

F?lix L?pez de Maturana wrote:
> This camera [R8] and Contax G2 -with
> some of excellent CZ G lenses- are, by far, my
> most appreciated manual  focusing cameras.

I love the Contax G lenses, and even the G2 camera,
but really do not consider it adequate as a manual focus
camera.  The R8 is the best manual focus camera I have
handled, though I never had one, and though at first I did not like
the look of it.  In the end, the amazingly clear view finder,
and the ergonimics won me over.

In contrast, I had an  R7, but did not like it much;  nothing wrong
with  it but it just did not stand out in the very crowded and mature
field of manual focus SLRs.  I prefer the handling (focus aside)
of the Canon EOS 1n for example.  Mind you, the subjective
factors are just as important as the objective factors.

Cheers,

- Phong