Subject: [Leica] Re: say hello to hermes leica
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 20:57:49 2004

well steve me boy, if that happens, and it easily could, so what? The only
ones who suffer are the ones who always need the newest toy, and they always
seem willing to buy.

Look at ur own web site -- all that lovely classic gear, all those wonderful
shooters.

Look at me -- an M3, an M2 (new toy! Love it!) with a bunch of 30-year-old
lenses that make me smile down there in the darkroom. What else matters?

and when I want to go large, there's the products of the longt-gone
Graflex/graphic/Folmer & Schwing corporation nestled snuggly in my basement,
a full
XLRF outfit and the combat Speed Graphic 4 by 5. Ektar lens, top rate.

And is the company out of business? Yeah, and so what?

are more expensive new models made? Yeah, so what? These perform
wonderfully.
Wonderfully enough for me, anyway, and that's all that matters.

it's the cameras I use -- I'll have a twinge if the Leica company goes away,
but it really already has for me, for all practical purposes, I sure as hell
can't afford their stuff any more.

charlie trentelman