Subject: [Leica] Richard Comen, vitality...
From: sorsa2 at comcast.net (sorsa2@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 13 08:15:54 2004

Bob, thanks for pointing out Richard Comen?s work and thanks especially for
suggesting the quality that gives his work vitality.  I agree that Richard?s
photos like Que Le Vaya Bien are good examples of synecdoche, or parsimony
or somethin? hi-falutin? like that?

Eddie Adams made photos with this same quality and it?s this meaningful
content, assisted by technical excellence although freedom from technical
blunders may be enough, that knocks me out.  An example from Eddie Adams:
http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0410/adams07.html

Richard?s folder
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Seventy-Years

I think some of Milton Rogovin?s work also has the parts-for-whole feeling
and his series of  "everyday" people captured over several decades is very
rich and their words, found maybe only in his book, are outstanding.
http://www.miltonrogovin.com/

I haven?t subscribed to this group very long (and don?t even own a Leica) so
sorry if this posting is uninteresting or something that?s been talked to
death.  I receive the LUG in digest and hope I?m not trampling on another
discussion.

Thanks.
Don