Subject: [Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough
From: thlrlgrp at mac.com (Mike Cahill)
Date: Wed Oct 13 11:59:25 2004

On 10/13/04 2:33 PM, "Tim Atherton" <timatherton@theedge.ca> wrote:

>> Greg, while I enjoy your posts, DON'T preach to me about civility when
>> YOUR nation was closely aligned with the powers of Europe that gave us
>> WW1 & WW2.
>
> Among other things, a curiously blinkered view of history. One example
> would
> be the role of Wilson and the US in the shortcomings and failures of the
> Treaty of Versailles which played a big part in "giving us WWII".
>
> tim a

Very true, Tim.  OUR liberal naivet? has a history of making world crises
much worse. It's truly wonderful that we can look upon our own lives and
future with unbounded optimism, how else could a liberal mindset ever exist.
It's quite another to ascribe that same level of optimism to others,
particularly when the don't remotely share our world view.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"