Subject: [Leica] FBI disrupts 20 Indymedia web sites hosted in England
From: max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld)
Date: Wed Oct 13 14:33:20 2004

Actually, Paine did fine.  Although he was arrested by the British before
the war, his writings were widely read and influential during the Revolution
and right after.  He was in France for the French Revolution and was
imprisoned by Robespierre.  He returned to the US in 1082 at the invitation
of Jefferson, and died in relative obscurity in 1809.  As far as I know, he
was never imprisoned or harassed by the US government, although he was
attacked in the press.  After all, being attacked in the press is what first
amendment rights are all about, right?

Max