Subject: [Leica] Re: rd-1 tests - 50mm Summilux and stiff lenses
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Oct 14 05:50:43 2004

I am not sure. I also have a 35 Summilux Asph and the focusing action
is smooth as glass. The focusing action of the 50 Summilux Asph is just
ever so slightly stiffer when going from infinity to 0.7 m. The problem
is when going from 0.7 m to infinity, it is stiff and knotchy between
0.9 m and 1.2 m. I can only speculate that it has something to do with
the floating group. I will let you know if they have sorted it out
when, and if, they get it back to me.

John Collier