Subject: [Leica] Scanning C-41 B&W?
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu Oct 14 18:07:18 2004

> So, my question is, should I be scanning this film as a B&W neg or a
> colour neg, and changing to B&W later?

Vuescan software "automatically" sets C-41 B&W for color, and the
results tend to be much better.  I tried overriding it and got the same
results you did, using a Coolscan IV ED.

My suggestion would be to set the C-41 B&W to scan as "color" and see
what happens.

Ken Frazier
Weston, CT USA

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Scanning C-41 B&W?)