Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Thu Oct 14 21:35:48 2004

>Other companies are now leaping in where Leica has up till now
>refused to go. The success of the RD1 will not go, and has not gone,
>unnoticed.

By what criteria are you calling the R-D1 a success?  It's a nice
little digital rangefinder with excellent photo quality. But it's not
flying off the shelves in Japan and certainly not bringing in huge
bucks for Epson. Canon most probably makes more in EOS 20D  sales in
one day than Epson has made with the entire sales of the R-D1 so far.

Just because everyone on the LUG wants one doesn't mean everyone is
going to buy one. And even so, I hate to say it, but we are in a
MAJOR REALITY DISTORTION FIELD here. Believe it or not, not every
wants to spend the money to get a Leica system. So the R-D1 is in a
niche of a niche.

What other companies are leaping into the digital M field?

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica -- THE Photog's FashionStatement)