Subject: [Leica] Herr Cohn on the Digital M
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Sat Oct 16 09:36:02 2004

I just a few minutes ago received in today's post a copy of something
called "Leicaworld NEWS."   It is thirty-eight pages long and the cover
article is about the hideous a la carte program and other articles are
all old news.  However if one struggles all the way to page thirty-five,
there is a brief interview with former Leica CEO Hanns-Peter Cohn about
the digital M.

The interview reveals very little and does not address the fractious
"crop factor."  Cohn does reveal that the camera is expected to have an
optical viewfinder/rangefinder, that it will "look like" an M camera,
that it will have a blade shutter, and that they hope to have it for
display at the February, 2006 PMA show or at Photokina that September.
"This depends on whether we will be able to deliver cameras a few weeks
after announcing them."

The article also contains a mock photo of the camera which looks exactly
like an M7 with an MP rewind knob.  The wind lever, frame selector and
battery cover have been amputated, but it does retain a lens release
button.  Perhaps someone on the LUG has scanning capabilities and a copy
of this magazine and can up-load the picture.

        Buzz Hausner

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Herr Cohn on the Digital M)