Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sun Oct 17 06:48:07 2004

Spencer,

Thanks, but I was already there by the time you posted. The next day the
weather was glorious, but we were indoors in meetings all day! :-(  The
next day we were off-road at Papineau. This was high quality driving on the
estate (65,000 acres) owned by Chateau Montebello, but as I feared, they
did not have an instructor for every vehicle, even though there is a Land
Rover Experience Driving School at the Chateau. This meant that they put me
to work keeping the inexperienced "out of the trees! :-)

The light was very low and it was cloudy, but I managed to grab a few shots
on Supra 400 with the MP & 35/f2 ASPH as I was directing vehicles over
obstacles. I'll post a few if any are decent. We had lunch beside a lake
later and the sun came out briefly, but the color was not quite peak. In
fact, it is better here today in Western NJ where there is nothing like as
interesting to photograph.

As for Ottawa, the U.S.A. screening is polite but more intense than Newark.
(They were pretty interested in my toilet articles and had never seen a can
of air before! :-) As for the film, they were pretty savvy and just swabbed
the bag, and my camera bag without even opening it. Wish a few more
airports were equally savvy.

Regards,

William