Subject: [Leica] Re: Extra Batteries on Planes
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glen Staufer)
Date: Tue Oct 19 07:47:48 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:41:29 -0400, Rob McClure <rmcclure2@woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did someone say that extra batteries cannot be carried in carry on
> luggage?  I'm going to Las Vegas on Wednesday for a quick trip
> (business only)  and plan to include my digital Elph, which requires
> having an extra battery on hand at all times. Will this be a problem?

No idea where you've heard that, but on two trips this summer - Mexico
and France - flying in and out of Philadelphia, I had no problems at
all with any of my equipment including about 12 spare AA and a few
spare S76 batteries.  Check the FAA and airline websites and call the
airline if you are worried.  I wouldn't be; at the very least,
distribute things in your bag so electronic items show up on the xray
as discrete objects - not a jumbled pile.

Glenn

Message from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure) ([Leica] Re: Extra Batteries on Planes)