Subject: [Leica] R8 scratch revist
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 07:47:56 2004

Eric

My new R8 has no scratch problem at all.  Film is fine with no scratches
or anything wrong.  This is my 3rd Leica SLR, I have a R4SP, and a SL
also, and never have seen a scratch from the camera.  The pressure plate
is the same on all three as far as surface finish.  My guess is who ever
had yours before had scratched it, not a defect in the camera.  Leica's
number is 201-767-8303.

Good Luck
Gene

DRAT - it is the R8!

Short I hit send I realized that
a) the scratch SHOULD be on the shiny side if the R8 back is the offender
b) I had processed a roll from the same lab, same day but from a Contax T.

Guess what - the roll from the Contax T is scratch free.

Going to call Leica NJ tomorrow.
Anyone have their number? - I can't seem to find it on Leica's website.

Grumpy, and wondering why I shouldn't dump it all and get an F6,
Eric