Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Oct 20 06:17:51 2004

> They did phase out more workers and they are heading heavily into digital
> and Asia production. And they do supply digital backs for the V system.
>
> A lot can be read into a few words. But as of right now, the classic
> mechanical Hasselblad is safe. Maybe things will change in a year or two
> after the price hikes slow down sales to a trickle.

"I planen ing?r att fas ut de modeller som tillverkas f?r vanlig film."

= Part of the plan (the new stategy) is to phase out those models that are
made for film.

"Sammantaget inneb?r det att den klassiska Hasselbladarens tid i praktiken
?r ute."

= Taken altogether it means that the classic Hasselblad's time is a thing
of the past, is for all practical purposes.

I wouldn't say the classic mechanical Hasselblad is safe. I doubt
seriously that the digital back for the V series (selling for much more
than the H1 + digital back together) would place the V series in the
category of "digital". Technically, yes, but not in reality.

But who cares? No one is buying them. If they were, there wouldn't be a
problem.

Daniel

Message from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: Hasselblad)