Subject: RE [Leica] heather update
From: alexglissan at hotmail.com (Alexander Glissan)
Date: Wed Oct 20 11:26:05 2004

Chemo is often combined (in australia anyway) with a complete BMTransplant
and can improve prognosis significantly. The problem is patients tend to be
immunosuppressed (weak immune system). Which increases the chances of
infection by organisms such as MRSA ( Multi Resistant Golden Staph),
Acinetobactor, or VRE (Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci). Bone marrow
transplants have significantly decreased (in terms of risk over the past ten
years) here we also combine it with a stem cell infusion (depending on the
type of carcinoma/sarcoma/lymphoma...). This has a great use I wish you all
the best with Heather.

Alex

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) (RE [Leica] heather update)