Subject: [Leica] RE Type II 50/f2 'Cron + Skylight of Choice
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed Oct 20 17:26:50 2004

Leitz made their own filters.

I would trust that they knew what they were doing, so I'd find a Leitz
UV.

The advantage is that the ring knurling on the Leitz filters matches the
lens, and the lens caps.

I'm assuming you are using that pitiful 39mm lens cap that keeps falling
off.

Be ready to endure the "UV filter vs no filter" debate.

regards
Vick