Subject: [Leica] RE Type II 50/f2 'Cron + Skylight of Choice
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 17:28:25 2004

In a message dated 10/20/2004 7:19:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
alexglissan@hotmail.com writes:
I bought a 1970's 50 'cron (glass is topnotch.....amazing)
But was told I should put a Skylight on it.
Does anyone know of a good protective filter which
will not compromise the quality of the glass in terms of
picture quality that is?

ummmm. I stopped using filters for protection since I went to Solms one day,
and they pointed out that I was degrading the quality of the lens with the
filter.

Modern coatings are extremely hard. The fifty falls in that class, I think.
Get a bulb puffer from the drugstore, and a microfiber cloth to clean with
and
go naked, (filter-wise)

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: RE Skylight of Choice)