Subject: [Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Oct 20 23:12:30 2004

>>http://photoethnography.com/gallery/tsukiji2004/index.html<<<<
>
>Hi Karen,
>Well done, good on you as it's an excellent series!
>
>Good set of photographs illustrating the market.  I'd love to have a run at
>it with 3 M7's with wide lenses and a couple of R8's for a few weeks or so
>from the time it opens until it closes as it sure has the potential for a
>magical book of faces and fish! :-) Of course which I presume must have been
>done any number of times.

Thank you Ted for the kind words, it means a significant amount to me
coming from you.  Yes, the fish market is wonderful. If only it
didn't mean waking up at 4:30am to catch the 5:00 train, I'd go there
more often! :-)

I'd like to visit again with my Leicas and see what difference the Ms
will have against the SLR that I was using. I'd have to shoot NPH/NPZ
because the lighting there is so horrible.  Any one have good
suggestions for taking photos in industrial lighting
(halogen+fluoros+arc)? Black and white is always an option, but then
you wouldn't get the wonderful red colors of the fish flesh and
blood. Yum.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura