Subject: [Leica] Leica back in action
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Oct 21 10:18:21 2004

William G. Lamb, III said:
>>> I note there is still ONE White House photographer who uses mostly
> nothing but an M7 and 28 ASPH. Wonder why... :-)<<<<<<<

Hi Bill,
Well that maybe but I bet he's got some long glass on a Canon or Nikon
somewhere around him. Why?

Well with merely an M and a 28 his photographs of the Pres., are going to be
pretty small on the negative unless he's the ____ President's personal
shooter.___  But then that's a whole new ball game! He then has close-up
access no one else does.

And let me assure you being the big guys photographer begets close like no
other photogs. Been there with Canadian Prime Ministers! And like it's "you
and he" and that's it during many behind the scene opportunities where just
one M and a 28 is just fine thank you. :-)

And as far as getting free gear? Hell I never experienced that once in 40
years working on the Hill ! Parliament Hill that is. I did however get a
well worn projector about 35 years ago. ;-)

ted