Subject: [Leica] Recent Leica 90/2.8 - Seeking Comments and Advice
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Oct 21 18:46:57 2004

On 10/21/04 4:17 PM, "Scott McLoughlin" <scott@adrenaline.com> typed:

> I'm a happy 45/2.8P user as well :-)  Boy, sorting out this
> Leica tele thing is hard :-)
>
> Scott
>
> Mark Rabiner wrote:

Well I bought the tele EImarit at a swap meet for 500 bucks.
It had no contrast at any f stop yet all the elements inside appeared clear
to any inspection. Negs made with any film would drive you crazy in the
darkroom.
After two years I brought it to a swap meet and sold it in 20 minutes for
500 bucks.

Free rental. No big deal

Got a new Elmarit. It's a first priority for me and I cant afford to fool
around.
It was exquisite as advertised. My faith in Leica restored and ever since.

Some French magazine called it the second sharpest optic in the history of
35mm photography bar none. A 2.8 300 canon being numero uno.

But that was ten years ago.

Now it's what Erwin calls I think a second generation lens.

We're on the third generation now I think.

Granddad may have a heavy old country accent but the kids are walking around
blonde in their little white tennis outfits.

Perhaps the ASPH's are the third generation. That would seem to be the case.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/