Subject: [Leica] W--I--D--E Portraits
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Oct 22 00:13:21 2004

> The point of using a wide lens in portraiture is to give context to the
> subject.
> It is borne from editorial and documentary photography more than
> "painterly"
> classical portraits.

I like the 24 for this kind of portrait:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dlridings/image-33206.html
I had to take away the caption. Too many addresses in Zimbabwe were
picking it up through Google. Him and I talked for about 30 minutes.
Towards the end he said: "It was better under S." Most 40 or over will
know who S. is.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dlridings/image-33234.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dlridings/image-33245.html

are a couple more.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw/2.html
(Usch ... lousy scan. It's a PAW from 2002. Live and learn). Actually a
lot of those on that page are with the 24.

Daniel